Colorado Boy Dies Doing Internet ‘Choking Challenge’
A Colorado 5th grader is dead after apparently doing a "choking challenge" that went viral on YouTube.
Eleven-year-old Carson Bodkins of Elizabeth, Colorado was found dead in his bedroom after doing the game he had seen on the internet.
Headaches and bloodshot eyes are possible warning signs that a child is participating in this dangerous game.
It's a tragic reminder to parents to be in contact with their kids and to be aware of what they are being exposed to on the internet. This is a dangerous problem that has been going on for a long time.
The Choking Game has been all over the internet for years, with kids hoping to get a momentary high by choking themselves or someone else. Too many times the results have been tragic.
Between 2000 and 2015, more than 1400 children and teens died from accidental hanging and strangulation, according to the Center For Disease Control.
Parents need to talk to their kids about the Choking Game and warn them of the extreme life and death danger it presents. Kids have got to be sternly warned about the consequences of participating in such a dangerous activity.