America’s Most Sinful Cities, Denver Makes Top 50
There are some dark places in America, and apparently, Denver is one of them, making the list of top 50 most sinful cities in America.
Sin, of course, is all around, but there are some places where there seems to be a lot more of it - anger, greed, gluttony, laziness, lust -- and the list goes on.
Wallet Hub has released its list of most sinful cities in America - based on factors like violent crime rate, thefts, obesity, smokers, plastic surgeons, adult entertainment establishments, and physically inactive residents.
We shouldn't be surprised that Las Vegas, Nevada holds down the top spot. After all, they don't call it "Sin City" for nothing. Denver makes the top 50 - coming in at #49 on the list - most likely because of it's "Lust Ranking" of 19, which is pretty high.
The 10 Most Sinful Cities in America
1) Las Vegas, Nevada
2)St. Louise, Missouri
8)Baton Rouge, Louisiana
10)New Orleans, Louisiana
Here are some highlights from the data crunchers.
- St. Louis has the highest violent crime rate per 1,000 residents, 18.17, which is 33 times higher than in Irvine, Calif., the city with the lowest at 0.56
- Salt Lake City has the most thefts per 1,000 residents, 95.75, which is 8.2 times more than in Yonkers, N.Y., the city with the fewest at 11.74
- St. Louis has the highest share of adult smokers, 25.5 percent, which is 2.8 times higher than in San Jose, Calif., the city with the lowest at 9.0 percent.
- Las Vegas has the most adult entertainment establishments per 100,000 residents, 32.54, which is 92 times more than in Plano, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.35.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most plastic surgeons per 100,000 residents, 46.44, which is 131 times more than in Newark, N.J., the city with the fewest at 0.35.
- Jackson, Miss., has the highest share of physically inactive residents, 28.8 percent, which is 2.3 times higher than in Denver, the city with the lowest at 12.3 percent.