Grand Mesa Youth Services Employee Arrested
An employee at Grand Mesa Youth Services in Grand Junction has been arrested and charged with multiple counts of sexual assault.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office, 30-year-old Brian Matthew Tate, who was employed as a youth services specialist, allegedly had unlawful sexual contact with two girls who were being held at Grand Mesa Youth Services.
Tate is currently being held at the Mesa County Detention Facility on a No Bond Hold and is being charged with the following:
- Two counts of Sexual Assault On a Child in a Position of Trust
- One count of Sexual Assault
- Three counts of Sexual Assault on a Child Position of Trust
- Three counts Sexual Assault on a Child Pattern of Abuse
- One count Criminal Attempt of Unlawful Sexual Contact
- Six counts First Degree Official Misconduct.
All charges except the misconduct charge are felonies. The Mesa County Sheriff's Office with the cooperation of Colorado Division of Youth Services is continuing the investigation.
Anyone who has information about this case or other victims should contact the Mesa County Sheriff's Witness Tip Line at 970-244-3526 as soon as possible.