Here’s What Grand Junction Police Officers Swear to Uphold
What exactly is involved when taking the oath to join the Grand Junction Police Department? Check out the procedure as two new officers join the force.
Please welcome officers Hayungs and Sager, the two newest officers to hit the streets of Grand Junction. Neither of these gentlemen is new to law enforcement. In both cases, they are transferring in from other agencies.
Both officers were sworn in by Chief Camper on Monday, March 8. By taking the oath, Officers Hayungs and Sager swore to:
- support and defend the Constitution of the United State
- support and defend the Constitution to the state of Colorado
- support and defend the charter and ordinances of the City of Grand Junction
- protect the rights, lives, and property of all citizens
- uphold the honor of the police profession
- enforce the law
- safeguard our community
- enhance its quality of life through the prevention, investigation, and reduction of crime
- conduct themselves in accordance to the Grand Junction Police Department Code of Conduct
- maintain the highest level of integrity in both their professional and personal life
- never act in a manner to bring discredit to them or the Grand Junction Police Department
That's quite the oath! Check out the video above to see the ceremony firsthand.
Welcome to Grand Junction Officers! You'll be serving the finest community in the world. We're glad to have you on board.