Top Five Reasons You Should Attend This Easter’s Free ‘Messiah’ Concert [LIST]
This Easter Sunday, get the family together and attend a free concert presented by the Messiah Choral Society of Grand Junction featuring one of the greatest of all musical masterpieces, Handel's Messiah. Dozens of local music lovers have worked year round to put this one concert together, and you owe it to yourself to attend. If you're not convinced, check out these top five reasons why you dare not miss this show.
The Messiah Choral Society of Grand Junction puts on this free concert every Easter. This year, the concert will be held Easter Sunday, March 27, at 2:30 pm, at the Grand Junction High School Auditorium.
So, why exactly should you attend? Here are the top five reasons why:
- Regardless of your personal music tastes, you will find Handel's Messiah to be nothing short of magnificent.
- The concert is free... when was the last time you ever received anything for free?
- This is a chance to see some of your favorite Western Colorado artists in concert.
- This concert is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday
- This is a work of passion, start to finish. The performers have worked tirelessly to bring you this performance. None of the vocalists are receiving so much as a dime to perform this concert. They are doing this out of love for the holiday and the music.
New this year, Scott Betts will serve as the conductor of the Messiah Choral Society. Alejandro Gómez Guillén will return as Concertmaster. This year's soloists include:
- Allyson Connally - Soprano
- Joey Stafford - Alto
- Vincent Davis - Tenor
- Graham Anduri - Bass
Prior to the concert, a brief "informance" will be offered at 1:30 pm.
This concert is not to be missed. Your friends and neighbors from right here in Western Colorado have come together to offer this musical gift to the community. Call everyone you know in Western Colorado and invite them to join you this Sunday. Again, the concert is absolutely free, and no tickets are required.
Be a part of the celebration of Easter. Make every effort to attend this concert capturing the essence of the holiday. Make plans to attend the Messiah Choral Society of Grand Junction's free presentation of Handel's Messiah.