Big Bear Strolls Along the Rio Grande Trail [PHOTO]
Here's a great reminder to keep your eyes peeled for wildlife this spring.
This awesome photo was shared by the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) reminding residents to be "bear aware" if they decide to take a stroll along the Rio Grande Trail system.
Bears and other hibernating animals are waking from their winter slumber to find food after their long seasonal naps.
Here are a few quick tips for being "Bear Aware":
- Let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return.
- Keep children and pets close.
- Make Noise sing, clap your hands or wear a bell to let a bear know of your presence.
- Be alert and watch for bear signs like tracks, droppings, scratch marks on trees and logs torn apart.
- Don't hike alone or at night.
- Stay on the trails.