16 Reasons Why You Should Attend the Grand junction Lions Club Carnival
The 2016 Grand Junction Lions Club parade and carnival is this Saturday (Feb. 20) and there are at least 16 reasons why you should attend.
Since 1929, the Grand Junction Lions Club has donated over $5 million to local non-profits, charities, schools and events. The Lions Club carnival raises funds for these community contributions and is the organization's major fundraiser for the year.
This year, pledges have been made to 16 organizations. These are 16 good reasons to attend this Saturday's carnival and support the Grand Junction Lions Club.
- Las Colonias Park
- Mesa Youth Services- Partners
- School District 51 Nutrition Services
- Community Hospital
- Clifton Elementary
- Dream Big Adaptive Sports
- Broadway Elementary
- Orchard Mesa Little League
- Grand Junction High School Band
- Grand Valley Public Radio
- Fruita Monument High School Softball
- Holy Family Catholic School
- Palisade High School Band
- Young Life
- Dual Immersion Academy
- Niesley Elementary School
Besides the fact that you're supporting a great cause, the carnival is great fun with more than $32,000 in prizes to be given away.
The annual parade begins at 1:00PM in downtown Grand Junction, and the carnival starts at 5:00 PM at Two Rivers Convention Center. Tickets for the carnival are available from any Lions Club member.